Benefits of Hiring a Landscape Designer
The landscape design of your residential property is very important. Your yard should be a space where you feel comfortable relaxing and spending time with family and friends. It should be aesthetically pleasing and show pride of ownership to neighbors and passersby. Finally, when it is time to sell your house and move on, the design of your outdoor space should be an asset rather than a liability. Three C’s Landscaping maintains an entire design and construction department staffed with professional landscape designers to help you realize your vision for your yard.
Differences Between a Landscape Architect and a Landscape Designer
Both landscape architects and landscape designers perform similar functions and may have similar backgrounds in terms of education and experience. For this reason, people may confuse the two, yet there are small but significant distinctions.
In the first place, landscape designers tend to serve different types of clients than landscape architects. The former work primarily on small residential projects, while the latter are more likely to design public spaces such as cemeteries, college campuses, and parks.
The other main difference between a landscape architect and a landscape designer is that a landscape architect is required to hold a license from the state, while a landscape designer is not.
Advantages of Landscape Design
Homeowners may be reluctant to hire a landscaping company to design their yards because of the cost involved. However, many homeowners eventually discover that the benefits afforded by landscape design far outweigh the price.
- Customize Your Yard You may know exactly what you want for your yard but are unsure of how to achieve your vision. A landscape designer can work with you to assess the space you have and figure out how to make your vision work within those parameters.
- Generate Ideas Then again, perhaps you don’t have a very specific idea of what you want. An experienced landscape designer will be able to make suggestions and spark ideas to help you figure out exactly what you want for your yard and then put that plan into action.
- Improve Property Value A professionally designed landscape can help to increase your property value and get more for your home if and when you decide to sell.
- Less Stress Managing a large construction project like landscaping your yard can be very stressful. Your landscape designer can take on this responsibility for you, hiring contractors as needed and dealing with any unforeseen complications that may arise over the course of the project.
- Experience and Technical KnowledgeYou may want to plant specific trees, shrubs, or flowers in your yard without knowing much about them. A landscape designer has the knowledge and expertise to advise you as to which plants are native, any plants that may be considered harmful to the local environment, where to plant trees in relation to your house, etc.
Savings From Hiring a Landscape Designer
Despite the expense of hiring a landscape designer, doing so may save you money in the long run. Due to their knowledge of associated costs involved in projects like yours, a landscape designer can help you set a reasonable budget and avoid overspending. A landscape designer can also assess where to place trees and shrubbery in relation to the house to decrease costs of heating and cooling based on patterns of sun and wind around your property.
If you initially attempt do-it-yourself landscaping and fail, you may need to hire a landscape designer to finish the job. This costs more in the long run than hiring a professional landscaper in the first place.Don’t think of landscape design as an expense but as an investment that will eventually pay dividends. Contact Three C’s Landscaping today to find out more about the services we provide.