Landscape Designers and Landscape Architects
Whether it’s reading a favorite book or entertaining friends on a Mediterranean-inspired verdant patio, open-air backdrops create the best moments in life. When it comes to bringing green spaces to life, the professionals at Three C’s Landscaping can turn any design vision into reality. Are landscape architects or designers the best choice for custom landscaping? What’s the difference?
What Are Landscape Architects?
Landscape architects are building professionals who have undergone extensive university training in land development. They’re experts at re-forming existing properties into something new and beautiful. After obtaining a bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscaping architecture, they also have to apply for and maintain state certification.
There are a number of areas where landscape architects excel, such as the following:
- Land engineering: Thanks to extensive experience with soil types and land grading, architects understand how to provide optimal drainage and slope for safety and home protection. They can also work successfully with tough properties, such as land featuring naturally steep inclines or rock layers.
- Structural design: As the go-to professionals for landscape-related construction, architects take care of functional elements such as retaining walls, fencing and walkways, and incredible decorative accents such as patios, trellises and gazebos.
- Technical expertise: A landscape architect is trained to take into account your property as a whole. This allows them to work coordinate placement irrigation and drainage systems and electrical lines.
- Environmentally friendly systems: High-quality architects stay up-to-date with the latest landscaping tendencies, which includes green roofs and complex flora and fauna ecosystems.
- Building codes: Besides creating a breathtaking space, your project also needs to fulfill local and state building code requirements. With an architect by your side, there’s nothing to worry about.
- Large-scale projects: Architects are trained to tackle the largest landscapes, from renovating municipal parks to taking care of construction in cultural heritage sites and other protected locations.
What Is a Landscape Designer?
Landscape designers are experienced horticulturists with in-depth knowledge of plants, garden arrangements and local flora. Even though there is no formal certification available, many landscape designers undergo years of university training in fields such as horticulture.
When looking for best landscaping designers, you want to focus on both technical expertise and passion. Creative flair is a huge part of what sets them apart.
- Deep love of plants: With an intense passion for greenery, a landscape designer can create gardens that both look and feel amazing. They visualize how the finished ambiance will appear, making them exceptional for creating spaces geared towards relaxation, enjoyment and happiness.
- Decorative talent: Breathtaking color themes and innovative plant pairings make the most of your home’s green spaces.
- Understanding of local conditions: Looking beyond short-term beauty, designers are interested in keeping your garden or lawn gorgeous for decades. Placement, plant choice and irrigation concerns play a large part in maintaining a healthy landscape.
Which Professional Is Right for Your Next Project?
Generally speaking, if your project involves hardscapes, such as retaining walls, concrete walkways and other structures, you definitely want a landscape architect by your side. Their expertise is also invaluable for installing irrigation systems, grading and performing other property engineering services.
Are you trying to pick the perfect plant arrangement? Then you’ll want the innate abilities of a landscape designer. Wherever greenery is involved, whether building an edible garden from scratch or selecting shade trees for the back yard, their creative flair is essential.
In reality, many landscaping projects include elements of both areas, perhaps combining beautiful plants with the creation of a stunning backyard structure like an open-air trellis. It’s not uncommon for landscape architects and designers to work together closely.
With the professionals at Three C’s Landscaping behind your project, you have access to all the expertise required. Our team includes both certified landscape architects and experienced landscape designers to deliver amazing results when building your dream outdoor space. Contact us right away to get started with the design process.